Data Protection Declaration
In the following declaration we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website, as well as the functions available on it. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, for example your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
Name and contact details for the responsibility of processing personal data as well as the company Data Protection Officer.
The responsible person pursuant to Article 4 Paragraph 7 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Walbert-Schmitz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 (0) 24 05 / 60 02 – 0
Fax: +49 (0) 24 05 / 60 02 – 90
The company Data Protection Officer at Walbert-Schmitz is reachable at the aforementioned address, FAO Mr. Ralf Krumbein and/or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of its usage
- When visiting the website
When simply using the website www.walbert-schmitz.de solely for information purposes, therefore, if you do not register or submit other information to us, the browser deployed on your device will automatically send information to our website’s servers. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called Logfile. The following information is collected without your action on your part and is stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
• Name and URL of the file retrieved,
• Access status/http status code,
• Data transmitted each time,
• Website, from which access is obtained (Referrer-URL),
• Browser used
• Your computer’s operating system and its interface,
• The name of your access providers as well as
• Language and version of the browser software.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- To guarantee a smooth connection to the website,
- To guarantee comfortable usage of our website,
- Analysis of system security and stability as well as
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR). Our legitimate interest for data collection results from the purposes listed above. On no account do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
- When subscribing to our newsletter
Provided that you have expressly consented, according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR), we use your e-mail address to send you our regular newsletter. An e-mail address is sufficient to receive the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example using the link at the bottom of every newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your request to unsubscribe at any time to email@example.com.
- When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility to contact us using a form supplied on our website. Here the provision of a valid e-mail address is necessary so that we know from whom the request has come and in order to be able to answer it. Further details can be placed voluntarily.
Data processing for the purposes of contacting us is carried out according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR) based on your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the usage of the contact form is automatically deleted upon completion of your request.
- When using other functions and services on our website
Besides using our website for mere information purposes, the newsletter and the contact form, we also offer other services, which you can use if you are interested. For this you normally need to state other personal data, which we require and use to provide the relevant service.
In some instances, we make use of external service providers to process your data. These are carefully chosen and appointed by us and are bound by our instructions and regularly monitored.
Furthermore, we can relay your personal data to third parties, when special offers, competitions, contracts or similar services are offered by us, together with partners. You receive more information about this when giving your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
As far as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will inform you of the consequences of these circumstances in the description of the offer.
If, when using other functions and services on our website, you have given your consent for your data to be processed, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data once it has been expressed to us.
As far as we draw upon balance of interests when processing your personal data when using other functions and offers on our website, you can enter an objection against the processing. This is the case when the processing, in particular, is not necessary to fulfill a contract with you, which is illustrated in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection we request reasons why we should not process your personal data as carried out by us. In the case of your justified objection we will examine the situation and will either stop and/or customize the data processing or point out our compelling and legitimate reasons, based upon which we will continue to process the data.
Of course, you can revoke the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time when using other functions and services on our website. You can inform us using the aforementioned contact details about your advertising objections:
Passing on your personal data to third parties for purposes other than listed below, does not take place.
We only share your personal data with third parties if:
- You have given your express consent according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR),
- Sharing, according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR), is required for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and no reason seems to apply that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- There is a case that there is a legal obligation for sharing according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. c DS-GVO (GDPR), as well as
- This is permitted by law and according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. b DS-GVO (GDPR), for the necessity of handling contractual relationships with you.
In dem Cookie werden Informationen abgelegt, die sich jeweils im Zusammenhang mit dem spezifisch eingesetzten Endgerät ergeben. Dies bedeutet jedoch nicht, dass wir dadurch unmittelbar Kenntnis von Ihrer Identität erhalten.
Information is filed in the Cookie, which, in each case, is connected to the specific device used. This does not, however, mean that we receive direct knowledge about your identity through this.
Furthermore, in order to optimize the user-friendliness, we also use temporary Cookies, which are stored on your device for a specific period of time. If you re-visit our site in order to use our services, it is automatically recognized that have already visited us and which entries and settings you have activated so that you do not have to input these again.
The data processed through Cookies is necessary for the purposes referred to, to safeguard our legitimate interests, as well as those of third parties according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR).
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies. You can, however, configure your browser so that no Cookies are stored on your computer or there is always a notice before a new Cookie is created. Complete deactivation of Cookies can, however, lead to you not being able to use all functions on our website.
The tracking measures listed in the following and used by us are carried out based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR), as long as consent seems necessary and should be given by you, as well as Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR). With the deployed tracking measures, we want to ensure user preferences and the continued optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures in order to gather statistics and for the purpose of optimizing and evaluating our offer for you. These interests are considered justified according to the aforementioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be taken from the relevant tracking tools.
- This website uses Google Analytics for web analysis. This is a service provided by Google Ireland Limited („Google“), a company registered and operating according to Irish law (register number: 368047) based in Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „Cookies“ (see 4.), which are stored on your computer and enable analysis of your website usage. The information generated by the Cookie about your usage of this website is, as a rule, transferred and saved to a Google Server, if applicable, in the USA. In the case of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will, however, be shortened first by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states party to the agreement via the European Economic Area (UEA) before being transferred and stored on the server in the USA. The full IP address will only be transferred, in exceptional cases, to a Google Server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order analyze the usage of the website, to compile reports about website activity to deliver services connected to the website and Internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transferred from your browser, in the scope of Google Analytics, will not be merged with other data from Google.
- You can prevent the storage of Cookies by appropriately setting your browser software; we would, however, like to point out that in this case you may perhaps not be able to fully use all functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the Cookie and data related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) to Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the following available Browser Plug-in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de .
- This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on „_anonymizeIp()“. Thereby IP addresses are processed in a shortened format and in doing so, direct personal references are excluded. As far as data collected about you corresponds to a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and in doing so the personal data is promptly deleted.
- We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the utilization of our website and to regularly to improve it. Through the statistics gained we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for the you as the user. For the exceptions, where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected themselves to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics is Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR), as long as consent is necessary and should be given by you, Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR). Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1.
- Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
Overview of data protection:
as well as the Data Protection Declaration:
Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
- We use the offer from Google Adwords in order to draw the attention from external websites to our attractive offers with the help of advertising material (so-called Google Adwords). In relation to the data from the advertising campaign, we can identify how successful the individual advertising measures are. In doing so we are pursuing the aim of showing you advertisements, which are interesting for you, making our website more interesting for you and reaching a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- These advertising measures are delivered by Google through the so-called „Ad Server“. For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, through which the certain parameters for measuring success, such as fading in the advertisements or user clicks, can be measured. If you get to our website through a Google advertisement, a Cookie from Google Adwords will be stored on your PC. These Cookies normally lose their validity after 30 days and should not serve to personally identify you. Usually for this Cookie the unique Cookie-ID, number of Ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information, are stored for analytical values.
- These Cookies enable Google to recognize your Internet browser. As long as a user visits certain pages of a website of an Adword client and the Cookie, which has been stored on their computer has not expired, Google and the client can recognize that the user clicked on an advertisement and was forwarded to this site. Each Adword client is assigned another Cookie. By doing this Cookies cannot be tracked via websites from Adwords’ clients. We ourselves, do not collect and process any personal data from the advertising measures mentioned. We are simply provided with statistical evaluations from Google. Based on these evaluations we can see, which advertising measures are particularly effective. We do not receive any additional data from the usage of advertising measures and above all we cannot identify the users based on this information.
- Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to Google’s server. We have no influence on the scale and the further usage of the data, which is collected by the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our level of knowledge: through the integration of Adwords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up a corresponding part of our Internet presence or you have clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered with a Google service then Google can match the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google and/or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider can find out your IP address and store it.
- You can prevent your involvement in the tracking procedure in various ways: a) by the appropriate settings in your browser software, in particular the rejection of third-party Cookies leads to not receiving any advertisements from third parties; b) by deactivating Cookies for Conversion-Tracking, while setting your browser so that Cookies from the domain „www.googleadservices.com“ are blocked, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby these setting are deleted when you delete your Cookies; c) by deactivating the provider’s interest-related advertisements, which are part of the self-regulatory campaign „About Ads“, via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby these settings will be deleted when you delete your Cookies; d) by permanently deactivating your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please be aware that in this case you may possibly not be able to fully use all functions of this offer.
- Legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR). Further information about data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy und https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. For the cases, where personal data is transferred to the USA Google has subjected themselves to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Usage of Jetpack/ehem. WordPress.com-Stats
- This website uses the web-analysis service Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com-Stats), in order to analyze our website and to regularly improve it. Through the statistics gained we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you the user. Furthermore, we use the system for measures to secure the website e.g. by recognizing attacks and viruses. For the exceptional cases, where personal data is transferred to the USA Automattic Inc. has subjected themselves to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov. legal basis for the usage of Jetpack is Article 6 Paragraph. 1 S. 1 lit. f and/or as long as consent is necessary and has been given, Article 6 Paragraph. 1 S. 1 lit. a DS-GVO (GDPR).
- Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation (more information about this in 4). The information collected is saved on a server in the USA. If you want to prevent the storage of Cookies then please note that you may possibly not be able to use this website in its entirety. The prevention of Cookie storage is possible through the settings in your browser or if you click the button „Click here to Opt-out“, under http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
- This website uses Jetpack with an add-on, through which the IP addresses are subsequently processed in a shortened format, directly after they have been collected in order to eliminate direct personal references.
- Information about the third-party provider: Automattic Inc., 60 29 th Street #343, San Francisco, CA 94110–4929, USA, https://automattic.com/privacy, as well as the third-party provider of the tracking technology: Quantcast Inc., 201 3 rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103–3153, USA, https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
Social Media Plug-ins
- We are currently using the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xing, Instagram und Pinterest. In doing so we use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site initially, in general, no personal data is transmitted to the provider. You can identify the plug-in provider though the marking in the box, through their initial letters or the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the plug-in provider using the button. The plug-in provider only receives information that you have called up the relevant website for our online services, when you click on the highlighted field and thus activating it. Moreover, the data mentioned in 2. a. of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to information from the German provider, the IP address is anonymized as soon as it has been collected. Through activation of the plug-in, your personal data is transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the USA for US-American providers). As the plug-in provider carries out the data collection particularly through Cookies, we recommend that you delete all Cookies through your browser’s security settings before clicking the grayed-out box.
- We neither have influence on the data collected and data-processing operations, nor do we know the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing and/or storage periods. We also do not have any information about the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider stores the data collected as a user profile and uses this for advertising purposes, market research and/or optimization of their website design. Such evaluation takes place in particular (also for users, who are not logged in) in order to display appropriate advertising and to inform other social-network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you have to contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Though plug-ins, we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve and enhance our offer for you the user. Legal basis for using plug-ins is Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR).
- Data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected by us is directly matched to your existing account with the plug-in provider. When you click the activation button and e.g. link the pages, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, especially though before activating the button as, in this way, you can avoid a match to your profile by the plug-in provider.
- Further information about the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in their following data protection declarations disclosed below. Here you will also find information about your rights concerning these matters and setting options to protect your private sphere.
- Addresses of the relevant plug-in
providers and URL with their data protection notices:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications sowie http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA; https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388. Instagram is a service offered by Facebook. Facebook has subjected itself to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA; https://policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy.
- We have integrated YouTube-Videos into our online offer, which are saved on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly through our website.
- When visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the relevant subpage on our website. In addition, the data mentioned in 2. a. of this declaration is transmitted. This happens irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google your data is directly matched to your account. If you do not want your profile to be matched at YouTube then you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses this for advertising purposes, market research and/or optimization of their website design. Such evaluation takes place in particular (also for users, who are not logged in) in order to display appropriate advertising and to inform other social-network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles, whereby you have to contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- Further information about the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find information about your rights concerning these matters and setting options to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. For the cases, where personal data is transferred to the USA Google has subjected themselves to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
For the integration of videos, we use a plug-in from the provider Vimeo. Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, LLC headquartered in 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011. When you call up our Internet presence through a website with such a plug-in, a connection to the Vimeo server is established and in doing so a plug-in is shown. Through this the Internet pages, which you have visited are transmitted to the Vimeo server. In doing so you are logged in as a member at Vimeo and Vimeo matches this information to your personal user account. When using the plug-in e.g. clicking a video‘s start button, this information will also be matched to your user account. You can prevent this matching by logging out of your Vimeo user account before you use our Internet page and deleting the relevant Cookies from Vimeo.
Further information about Vimeo’s data processing and data protection can be found here: https://vimeo.com/privacy.
- We use the service of Google Maps on this website. With this we can show you interactive maps directly on the website and enable you to use the convenient function of the maps.
- When visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the relevant subpage on our website. In addition, the data mentioned in 2. a. of this declaration is transmitted. This happens irrespective of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google your data is directly matched to your account. If you do not want your profile to be matched at Google then you have to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses this for advertising purposes, market research and/or optimization of their website design. Such evaluation takes place in particular (also for users, who are not logged in) in order to display appropriate advertising and to inform other social-network users of your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles, whereby you have to contact Google to exercise this right.
- Further information about the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in their data protection declaration. Here you will also find information about your rights concerning these matters and setting options to protect your private sphere: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. For the cases, where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected themselves to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
Google Web Fonts
In order to display consistent fonts on this website, we use so-called Web Fonts, which are provided by Google. When calling up a website your browser loads the necessary Web Fonts into your browser cache in order to display text and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using has to connect to Google’s servers. Through this, Google acquires knowledge that our website has been called up by your IP address. The usage of Google Web Fonts is in the interests of a standardized and appealing representation of our online services. This constitutes a legitimate interest according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f DSGVO (GDPR).
If your browser does not support Web Fonts then a standard font from your computer will be used.
Further information about Google Web Fonts can be found here: https: //developers.google.com/fonts/faq and in Google’s data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
You have the right:
- according to Article 15 DS-GVO (GDPR) to request information about your personal data processed by us. Above all you can request information about processing purposes, the category of personal data, the category of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right for correction, deletion, limitation in processing or objection, the existence of the right to appeal, the origin of your data, provided that this was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automized decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, sound information about their details;
- according to Article 16 DS-GVO (GDPR) to request the immediate correction of incorrect data or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- according to Article 17 DS-GVO (GDPR) to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, as long as the processing is not necessary to exercise the right for free speech and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, on the grounds of public interest or to assert a claim, establishment of exercise or defense of legal claims;
- according to Article 18 DS-GVO (GDPR) to request limits on the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy is being disputed you, the processing is unlawful and you, however, refuse their deletion and we no longer require your data. You, however, require this for enforcement, exercise and defense of legal claims or according to Article 21 DS-GVO (GDPR) you have appealed against the processing;
- according to Article 20 DS-GVO to request that you receive your personal data, which you have supplied to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or for it to be transmitted to another responsible person;
- according to Article 7 Abs. 3 DS-GVO to revoke your consent, which you once gave us, at any time. This means that the data processing, which was based on this consent may not be continued in the future and
- according to Article. 77 DS-GVO you can lodge a complaint with the regulatory body. For this you can usually appeal to your local regulatory body or workplace or our company.
Right to object
As long as personal data is processed based on legitimate interest, according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO (GDPR) you reserve the right to object to the processing of your personal data, according to Article 21 DS-GVO (GDPR), as long as there are reasons available, which result from your specific situation or conform to the objection to direct advertising. In the last case you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or your right to object, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
Within the website visit we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the respective highest encryption level, which is supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, we rely on a 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our Internet presence is transferred encoded by the depiction of a key and/or lock symbol in the address bar or lower status bar of your browser.
Moreover, we also use suitable technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access from third-parties. Our security measures are continually being improved with the latest technological developments.
Aktualität und Änderung dieser Datenschutzerklärung
This Data Protection Declaration is currently valid-status January 2019.
Due to the continued development of our website and the services offered on it or based on amendments to the law and/or official guidelines, it could be necessary to amend this Data Protection Declaration. Each current Data Protection Declaration can be found at any given time on our website under: https://www.walbert-schmitz.de/datenschutzerklärung and you can retrieve and print it.